Friday, December 19, 2008

Christmas Cookies!
















One of my favorite childhood memories is making cookies with my mom. She'd let me add the ingredients to the mixer. (Once I got so close as to get my hair stuck and sucked into the beater which was very bent when we finally untangled my hair.) Then we'd roll out the dough and cut all kinds of shapes. I loved tasting the dough and just spending that special time with my mom. Me, standing in a chair, her making it fun for me to learn and be with her.
I tried to make cookies with Jordan about 7 months ago but she wasn't very into it. Well this time is was totally different. (Must have been all the practice with playdough!) She loved it. She did all the ooooing and aaaahing as we dumped all the cookie cutters out (the same ones I used with my Mom) and she picked out an angel. We proceeded to make the dough, roll it out, cut them and her specialty was adding the sprinkles! Little multi-colored sugar balls and yellow sugar. It was a precious memory relived for me.

No comments: